We Made it!

 After 7 days of traveling mostly in the rain across the country, camping in RV parks, Harvest Hosts, and State Parks we pulled into our friend's house in El Paso! A huge thank you to Rick for:

  1. Driving all the way because I was too chicken
  2. Listening to my poor ukulele skills as I try to learn to play
  3. Singing with me along with the radio; country, oldies, classic rock, etc...
  4. Putting up with my expert "backseat driver" skills and panic attacks
  5. Not flinching while being passed on both sides by big rigs in the pouring rain (I did the flinching for him)
...despite trying to stay in touch with his family as they keep us informed as to the status of his mom who needed medical attention and then quietly passed away the day after we arrived.


After a good night's rest, our hosts (Bryan, Rick's roommate from college and his awesome wife, Jill showed us around El Paso. I took photos of just some of the many cool murals around town.




We even got to see the famous border wall and had a friendly chat with border control!


Later, a nice walk on nearby trails.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glow Worms!

Pack Rats??

The Arrival